Tuesday, February 7, 2012

News Article


Emperor Qin Is Dead
11/24/2010 B.C

    Last night the emperor was pronounced dead. The emperor was found on his bed not responding. Guards were baffled when they could not wake up the sleeping king. Nobody knows the reason of his death. Many people suspect it as a suicide. Then there are those people who think it was a homicide. I spoke to many of the emperors servants; many refusing to speak of the Emperor’s death.  However, there were a few servants who spoke to me on what they thought happened to the Great Qin.  This is what they had to say during our interview:


“Do you know what happen to Qin?” I asked.
“It’s so hard I don’t know what happen to him it seems like just yesterday, I started to sharpen his battle gear, but no I don’t know what happen I’m sorry” (weeping).  Replied one elderly man.
“It must be hard to find out that the great emperor has past away.  Have you have known him for a long time?” I asked one young woman.
She told me, “Yes in fact we are cousins”
I told her, “I’m sorry. Thank you for your time, I know it’s hard right now particularly when the whole country is also in shock.”


Thousands and thousands of the country’s population was affected by the whole ordeal of their emperor dying.  Everyone was asking each other, “Who is going to take over?”  After speaking to additional families, individual men and women both young, middle age and older people were distrought and just wanted to stay with their families.    Even the children were greatly affected. Even though many of the people I wanted to interview, they did not want to speak to us for fear of something happening to either themselves or their loved one.   There was one woman, who was brave, I purposely left out her name for fear of something happening to her family.  She said “He just fell down and stop moving, nobody knows 100%, but many people think it was intoxication.” Said my one local witnesses.




It was mayhem outside the emperor’s main palace because many people would pass by his house screaming “I need to live!” Some of his workers were caught giving him drinks every night but they don’t know what they were giving him.  Therefore, did his own servants cause his death, or was it the emperor himself?   At this point no one knows if it was a murder or a suicide or a fatal accident.

From “China Today” - I’m Xian Hong (AKA:  CJ Beck)

No comments:

Post a Comment